Seminar EU-China higher education research collaboration: Collective Leadership, 29 Sep. 2017 Brussels
The LEAD project consortium and the Confucius Institute at Vrije Universiteit Brussel warmly welcomes you to join the Seminar EU-China higher education research collaboration: Collective Leadership on 29 Sep. 2017 at VUB in Brussels.
Promoting research collaboration and leading collaborative research projects is a very important part of high education cooperation. In order to strengthen EU-China higher education cooperation in the area of collaborative research, this seminar focuses on key issues related to the establishment and collective leadership in research collaboration. The Seminar participants will include research policy makers, research leaders, researchers, and experts in knowledge transfer from both European and Chinese universities. The seminar aims to strengthen the cooperation between European and Chinese universities, especially European and Chinese research institutes or research groups.
Participation is free of charge, please register by sending an email to email@example.com.
Seminar EU-China higher education research collaboration: Collective Leadership
9.00-14.00, 29 Sep. 2017
Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Welcome & Opening session
- Prof. dr. Sonja Snacken, Vice rector International Policy, VUB
- Prof. dr. CAO Deming, Pro Rector, Shanghai International Studies University
EU programmes, funding opportunities, university research policies & support strategies
- Wim Schreurs, European Liaison Office coordinator – R&D, VUB
Developing research capabilities: Insights from University of Tampere
- Mika Skippari, Research director, Faculty of Management, University of Tampere, Finland
Collective leadership for collaborative research projects: European and Chinese experience & insights
- How to lead research teams & collaborative projects: A European research team leader: Prof. dr. Melita Kovacevic
- How to lead research teams & collaborative projects: A Chinese research team leader: Prof. dr. LIU Baocun, Beijing Normal University, China
- Cooperation with European partners: experiences of universities in Shanghai, Prof. WANG Zhiqiang, Shanghai International Studies University
12.00- 12: 45
Closing session: Insights, Discussions & way forward for research collaborations & Leading research teams
- All participants
- Prof. YANG Huilin, Pro-vice Rector, Director of Center for European Studies, Renmin University of China
- Prof. dr. Chang Zhu, Director VUB-CI & LEAD project coordinator, VUB
12: 45- 14: 00