Governance and Academic Leadership of Chinese and European Universities in the Context of Innovation and Internationalization (LEAD)
The LEAD project is an Erasmus+ KA2 Capacity Building Project in the field of Higher Education supported by the European Commission. The project is coordinated by Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) and aims to enhance the capacity of higher education institutions related to governance and academic leadership in the context of innovation and internationalisation of higher education.
In the framework of the project, six series of workshops in the EU and China will be organised from October 2015 to October 2018.
The LEAD project brings together experts and stakeholders in university governance and academic leadership from EU and China. The European expertise and experiences will help the Chinese HEIs to strengthen their governance and leadership for innovation and internationalisation. The LEAD project will provide unique training, workshops and role-model learning opportunities for university management teams, and an exchange platform between European and Chinese partners. This will facilitate and speed up the internationalization processes of HEIs, especially in the area of academic governance and leadership.
The specific objectives of the project include:
- to develop and implement training for academic leaders on university governance and academic leadership
- to enhance capacities of academic leaders of HEIs on university governance and leadership (such as policy making, strategic planning and change management)
- to support and enhance internationalization of HEIs
- to strengthen EU-China cooperation on university governance & academic leadership and foster a better understanding of academic leadership approaches in the EU and China
The LEAD project will develop and implement on the following main activities:
- Workshops and training/coaching on university governance and leadership for academic leaders
- Job shadowing
- Round table on HEI academic leadership
- Development of training material (printed and online MOOC course on HEI governance & academic leadership)
- University site visits for academic leaders focusing on university governance related issues
- Dissemination conferences and events
View the LEAD Leaflet here.